Monday 16 May 2011

THE CONTENT OF THE CUP OF PRIESTHOOD

Kenneth Nkemnacho
http://www.kennethvision.com/

I felt so tired and exhausted after the day’s mental joggling. Just like a Priest recently out of the seminary, I said a prayer that sounded more like, ‘Our Father, who art in heaven, and bla bla bla….’ Sometimes, when I say such methodical prayers, I get more inclined to orthodoxies’ rather than conviction.

This particular day, I was drained and drowsy. I needed my wife to lay her righteous hand on my head so that I can have the dream of seeing heaven’s precious gate. She does that all the time I drop off on the bed with little or no strength to say my last daily prayer. I must confess to being an early sleeper but also an early ‘waker’.  No one dare put a movie around 20.00pm and expect Kenneth Azubuike-ogwu Agiriga Nkemnacho to finish it. Thirty minutes into the movie, yours truly will be shakings hands with angels at heaven’s gate. Sometimes, I sit on the dining table chewing a piece of meat but fast asleep. My wife does wonder how I perform such wonders; being inactive yet active in not denying my hungry stomach the delicacy of a well prepared meal.

I must affirm that in my sleep I see! When I see, I truly see. Sometimes, I see directly, and sometimes, I see symbolically. The divine ability to interpret symbols has been a blessing to me. As an abstract-minded person, I love codes and symbols. Codes and symbols excite me, because they require a meditative thinking to unravel.

A table was set before me; two glasses with same liquid. I was to do a product test. My knowledge of applied market and social research was to be tested. Apart from behavioural science, my sense of taste was also to be tested. I was told that taste and test are synonymous. How can taste be a test? I know that a portion of the scroll says, ‘O taste and see that the Lord is good’. Wow! Here comes another code and symbol to be unravelled; taste and see!! A test is a taste and a taste is a sight!!! Your tongue is your taste. Your tongue gives you sight. Your tongue gives you vision. Your tongue gives you illumination.

I drank three-quarter of the content from the Priest cup, and discovered that it had a high concentration. Then I took the cup of one of his members, and realised that it was diluted. I took the Priest’s cup again and finished the content, and noticed that it was again more concentrated. From my observation, I inferred that the content of the cup of a priest is far more concentrated than that of the led.

When you envy the one who sits on the throne, you must also realise the pains of the one who sits on the throne. When you want to swap position with the one who bears the ark, realise that for any error he makes, he gets struck by invisible hands which you cannot see. When you take the pipe from the piper, do you have enough air within to create a good symphony? If you have enough air, do you have enough strength to add force to the wind of melody? The Priest’s cup looks so beautiful but the content is so dutiful. Some people take a duty and make a doo doo, but the Priest takes a doo doo and makes a beauty. Who wants to drink from the content of the Priest’s cup? Who really wants to drink from the content of Priest’s cup?

My taste bud is burning; my thirst is quenching. Ah, I want to see me in me. I don’t want his wine mingled with mine. Add a little water to my cup; let me be what I’m made to be. I can only be purposeful if I drink from my cup of destiny!



No comments:

Post a Comment